Brooker's Pork Stuffing
- - 8 Cups of unseasoned Croutons
- - 1/2 Cups unsalted Butter
- - 1 1/2 Cups diced yellow onion
- - 1 Cup diced Celery
- - 4 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- - 1 Lbs Brooker's Lean Ground Pork
- - 2 3/4 Cups low sodium chicken broth
- - 1 large egg beaten
- - 1 Tbsp chopped fresh Rosemary
- - 1 Tbsp chopped fresh Sage
- - 1/4 Cups chopped fresh Parsley
- - 1/2 Tsp Salt
- - 1/2 Tsp Cracked Black pepper
- - Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter.
- - Place the Croutons in a large mixing bowl.
- - In a large sauté pan, melt the butter. Add the onions and celery and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Add the vegetables to the croutons. (Don't wash the pan but scrape out every last bit of vegetables, otherwise they will burn in the next step.)
- - In the same pan, cook the Brooker's Lean Ground Pork over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up the Ground Pork with a metal spatula while cooking (the largest pieces should be no greater than 1/4-inch). Add the browned sausage to the croutons and vegetables.
- - Add the chicken broth, egg, rosemary, sage, parsley, salt and pepper to the bread cube mixture and mix until the bread is soft and moistened. Transfer the stuffing to the prepared baking dish and bake for 65-75 minutes, uncovered, until deeply golden and crisp on top.