BBQ Turkey Recipe
whole Brooker's turkey
cup of butter softened
pepper & sage to taste
slice of bacon (optional)
pan or thick tin foil (enough to come up at least 2.5" on each side
of the turkey)
BBQ to 300-325 degrees
- Clean turkey thoroughly, inside and out removing an innards, wash with water and pat dry.
- Mix salt, pepper & sage into softened butter rub turkey cavity with some of the butter stuff cavity with your favorite stuffing (filling cavity helps keep meat tender) take and remaining stuffing and place between skin and breast.
- Use remaining butter mix to rub entire turkey down if using bacon place your slices on top of the turkey, breast side up in your roasting pan place turkey on grill in pan so that heat is evenly distributed, cover with heavy duty foil.
- Cook for 20 minutes per pound at 300 degrees with the BBQ lid closed (internal temperature needs to reach 165 degree in the fleshy part of the thigh!) periodically baste with juices at the bottom of your pan
- For your last hour remove top tin foil to crisp skin