Classic Roast Turkey Recipe
Classic Roast TurkeyIngredients:
- Brooker's Fresh Free Range Turkey
- Salt, Pepper & Ground Sage (to taste)
- 1 Cup softened butter
- Diced Onions 1/2 cup
- Diced Carrots 1/2 cup
- Favorite Stuffing or Croutons
- Wash your Turkey inside and out and pat dry. Place breast side up in roasting pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix your Salt, Pepper & Sage into the softened butter (Use generous amounts, butter mix should look almost like a pesto green)
- If you are using a prepared stuffing, follow directions for preparation and then add onions and carrots last & stuff Turkey cavity.
- Tuck Wings behind back and tie legs if not able to tuck in tail skin and the bottom of the cavity opening.
- Rub your butter mix all over your Turkey.
- Put lid on Roasting pan or cover with foil and place in pre-heated oven for 30 mins.
- Reduce temperature to 325 degrees and continue roasting, basting melted butter mixture every 30 minutes.
- Roast 20 minutes for every pound of Turkey or internal temperature of the thickest part of the breast read 165 degrees & into the thigh reaches 174 degrees **For a golden crisp top, remove lid for last 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes before carving